Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
So...I know it's only the end of September, but we need to get on this as soon as possible so everyone can know who they have and what everyone wants, lol. I know it seems weird to show hints of what we want, but I think it will make things easier, especially for the guys!
So since you all frequent my blog, (which isn't even really a blog, it's more like an online scrapbook) whenever you see something with the Title *SS*, that means it's something I'd like, LOL...does that seem selfish? If it does, that's OK because I see you all posting things on your Facebooks! (assholes!).. . ...
The things I want are really weird and I'm telling you all NOW that I am extremely hard to shop for, so get ready to be hunting around for my gifts, and ohh...since the limit was $150 last year, Marcus thought that was too cheap and we've since upped it to $300. YES, I know it seems like a lot, but you can either buy one big thing, or do the smart thing and buy a whole bunch of little things :)
So I'm going to list some rules here, and yes, there are rules, which means yes, you have to abide by them! ;
1. So my loves, as we all know, the basic concept of the Secret Santa game is simple. All of our names are placed into something, in this case, its going to be my New Era REMiX Project Fitted, and each of us has to pick a name.
2. After you choose your name, you imprint it into your MIND and KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, lol, last year we clearly had some problems with this :P
3. The limit this year is $300 and it has to be an actual gift, IF SOMEONE GIFTS A GIFTCARD or pre-loaded Mastercard, your ass is getting thrown out on Christmas and you get no food lol! Put thought into your gifts and if you don't know anything about the person you got, do some detective work, actually put some thought into the gift. Also, as mentioned earlier, it can be one big gift or many smaller ones, and it doesn't have to add up to $300, that's the most you are allowed to spend!
4. Now since we've established that the limit is $300, I think I should also mention that we are drawing for our Secret Santa this Thanksgiving Monday at our PotLuck and since you're all going to be there it's perfect! ***Concerning the potluck, a lot of you douchebags, lol, haven't posted on my Wall what you're bringing...remember you need to MAKE something, not BUY IT and BRING IT over..***
5. 5% of your $300, or more if you prefer needs to be put into an envelope which will be collected by Ashley on the 23rd in time for Christmas Eve service at church.
6. Whoever you get is your person, don't be stupid and trade with other people! Also, you are also responsible for their stocking! So incorporate a stocking stuffer(s) into your gift ideas as well.
7. Last Rule....NO WRAPPING PAPER! We've all been reading the Saturday comics for years now and we always use the Comic Section as our wrapping paper sooo...don't waste money on that crap! If you need bows, I'm hella good at making origami bows!!
So now that I've established this rules, lol...please remember that if I post a picture on Facebook, this blog or something else and it has a little *SS* attached somehwere, it's something I'd REALLY be interested in and I want you to buy it if you get me!!...also, don't copy the things I want, haha.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
I can't wait! I didn't get to go last year but this coming year is going to be exciting! To those who don't know, CES stands for International Consumer ElectronicsShow and it is an event, basically, it is the largest held each year, I guess it's also known as a trade show that currently takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada each January.
Other than just showing off new products, seminars and speakers are part of the trade show that lasts several days. The event always attracts high profile names in the electronics field as speakers, like Bill Gates, and it’s really just an opportunity for CEA members to showcase a variety of new products.
I'm only really going to check out iLounge Pavilion, but since AN* works for RIM, he's going to check out Wireless World. It's going to be amazing and when we're not at the show, we'll be all over Vegas! The last trip to Vegas was amazing, and I've never been there in the "winter" so this will definitely be interesting!!